Leadership at St. Paul
We are grateful to the Lord for the people he has raised up to lead our congregation.
I have been married to Sandi for 30 years. Our adult children are Andrew (Parris Island, South Carolina), John (Colorado Springs), and Mary (Texas A&M).
I have a B.A. from Kalamazoo College, a Master’s of Divinity from Luther Seminary, and am working on a doctorate of ministry through Sioux Falls Seminary and St. Paul Lutheran Seminary.
I love my work as a pastor, love our congregation, and our staff. I have been senior pastor at St. Paul since 2010… and fell like we’re just getting started.
- Preaching and worship.
- Evangelism and stewardship.
Hi, I’m Pastor Chip Reynolds. I grew up in Plant City, Florida and permanently moved to Texas at the age of 19. I am married to my beautiful wife Kathryn and have two teenagers (Olivia, 13 and Charles Christian, 15.) I attended Angelo State University where I received a Bachelors in Communications. After teaching for 10+ years, I went to Luther Seminary in St. Paul, MN and graduated in 2011 with my MDiv. I ordained that same year and have served churches in Victoria, Texas and Roy, Utah before coming to St. Paul. I also serve the Texas Army National Guard as an Army Chaplain.
- Faith Formation.
- Preaching and worship.
Executive Director of Operations & Preschool
I grew up in McAllen, Texas. I am married to my wonderful husband Matt and we have three daughters, Audrey, Molly and Vivian. I started a career in early childhood education in the classroom. I worked to learn about the administration of childcare programs as an Assistant Director and spent over 11 years as a Director of programs. I have an AAS in Child Development, BS in Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in Psychology and a Masters of Education with an emphasis in Teacher Leadership.
- Operational planning and management in coordination with the Executive Committee, Council and Preschool.
- Facility planning and management in coordination with the Property Board and Tech Team.
- Human resources planning and management as well as Risk Management in coordination with the Personnel Board.
- Financial planning and management in coordination with Finance Committee.
I was born and raised in New Braunfels and am a lifelong member of St. Paul. I married my husband Mike in 2001, and we have a wonderful son, Morgan. I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, and cooking/baking. In 2001, I graduated from Texas Lutheran University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business with a specialization in Accounting.
- Maintain all financial records of the Church and Preschool and generate monthly financial statements.
- Assist and prepare documentation for the annual budget process.
- Execute end-of-year financial closing requirements.
I have been with St. Paul for 7 ½ years. My husband, Bryan, and I have been married for 26 years and our only son, Thomas, will be graduating from The University of Arkansas in May 2019. I majored in Organizational Communication and have a Bachelor of Science degree in Speech from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Production of all worship bulletins, worship PowerPoints, and The Epistle.
- Maintaining the church calendar and coordinate facility use.
- Coordination of property issues with Maintenance Technician and Executive Director.
I have been with St. Paul for 8 years. I have been happily married to my wife Shelly for 16 years. We live in Canyon Lake and have 3 beautiful dogs: Sugar, Karlie, and Murphy. I enjoy spending my weekends doing “honey do’s” for my wife and being on the river.
- Perform preventative and daily maintenance throughout the church.
- Assist in comprehensive maintenance schedules and repair records.
- Provide equipment set-ups and otherwise prepare facilities for scheduled events.
Director of Music & Creative Arts
I began my music ministry at St. Paul on Easter Sunday, 2012. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education as well as a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Currently, I am the Fine Arts Director of Music Programs for the North East Independent School District in San Antonio. I have several published choral octavos through Walton, G.I.A., Hal Leonard, and Alliance Music Publications, and continually write and arrange choral music for choirs around the State of Texas and abroad. I am a tenor in the San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble and the San Antonio Chamber Choir, both professional choruses. I have 4 amazing children. 3 sons, Taylor (23), Jackson (19), Harrison (18), and a beautiful daughter, Lilly (12).
- Direct the St. Paul Sanctuary Choir and Handbells.
- Oversee the Children’s Choirs, Mimes, and Puppet Ministries.
- Lead worship and form our Covenant Band for the 10:30 service.
My name is Ann Brown and I have served as the organist and pianist at St. Paul for seven years. I am a member of the Worship Board, and attend the A.N.A. Bible study class. As a native of Paris, TX, I received my B.A. at ETSU, and M.Ed. at UT at Austin, majoring in psychology and counseling, and minoring in music. I am married to Tex Brown, who is retired from the Air Force, and we have three children and nine grandchildren. Because of our AF experience, I have held many different organist positions in chapels and churches in the U.S and overseas. Music in the church has been central in my life since high school, and my constant prayer is that God will be truly glorified in every note I plays.
- Coordinate music with Choir Director and pastors for worship services and other Church programs.
- Plan, prepare, and play music for worship services and other Church programs.
- Accompany choirs and soloists during rehearsals, worship services, and other programs.
Preschool Administrative Coordinator
I was born and raised in New Braunfels. I have my Child Development Associate Credential and Para Professional Credential. I began working in childcare in 1998. My favorite color is purple and I love GLITTER! I have 3 beautiful children, Amanda, who graduated from Tarleton State University; Sarah who graduated Midwestern State University; and, Jacob who is a attending Texas A&M Corpus Christi. I enjoy reading, watching movies, going to the beach and spending time with my family.
- Employee Scheduling.
- Daily Operations.
Admin. Assistant (Financial)
I have been a member here at St. Paul for 25 years and have been on staff for about a year. I graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Science. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Byron, for 27 years. We have two sons, Connor age 23 who is soon to be a graduate of Texas A&M University, and Brandon age 20 who is attending Sam Houston State University.
- Assisting with Accounts Payable.
- Staff liaison for boards of Congregational Life and Adult Ministry.
- Assist with maintaining Membership.
Admin. Assistant (Connections)
I have lived in the San Antonio area for about 50 years and am retired from the San Antonio Water System.
I have a Masters in Organization Leadership and a Bachelors in Business Administration with Computer Information.
- Provide administrative support to church boards, committees, volunteer groups and members.
- Be the contact person for matters relating to worship and membership support.
- Provide clerical assistance to the church’s pastors and staff.
ADMIN ASSISTANT (MEDIA)
I was born and raised in Houston and moved to San Marcos for school. I attended Austin Community College and am attending Texas A&M University starting in the fall of 2019. I love to exercise and spend time with my family and friends. I have a 3 year old fur baby named Penny Lane who can best be described as a Lab-Dachshund mix. I love spoiling her and taking her on new adventures.
- Operate church and social media accounts
- Maintain church website
- Assist senior administrators with media and communication
Tex Brown- President
David Doss- Vice President
Susan Montgomery- Treasurer
Paul Finley- Legal Adviser
M'lissa Steel- Board of Congregational Life Director
Roxanne Ware- Board of Public Relations/Evangelism Director
Eric Schmidt- Board of Personnel Director
Bob Warnecke- Board of Property Director
Chuck Dicker- Board of Risk Management Director
Tim Cook- Board of Stewardship Director
Ed Berich- Board of Worship Director
Sue Schwab- Adult Ministry Director
Lynn Lear- Youth Ministry Director
Nathan Bostick- Children's Ministry Director